Following are a few useful things to keep in mind for visitors traveling to Zhangjiajie from overseas.
- Be sure to bring hiking boots or shoes with good soles, as many of the most rewarding sections of Zhangjiajie involve paths and trails.
- The cuisine of Zhangjiajie, Hunan province can strike some people as extremely spicyâ€¦ local people eat everything laced with hot peppers or black pepper and even the instant noodles are mostly chili flavor.
- Respect local customs in Zhangjiajie, as people in Zhangjiajie areas are mainly Tujia or Miao minorities.
- Pack and prepare all necessary medications.
Following are a few local telephone numbers in Zhangjiajie for various services:
- Tourist Questions and Concerns: 8380188
- Weather Forecast: 121
- Directory assistance: 114
- Fire: 119
- Ambulance: 120
- Police: 110
- Traffic: 122